Mar 30, 2009

The Arrival

NR #2 has made her arrival. She was a little less anxious than her brother to come into this world........The story goes something like this!

We headed to the hospital Wednesday evening, Mar. 25th to be induced since my doctor did not want me going full term in anticipation of a larger baby. It was only one week early, but this little girl weighed in around 7 lbs 11 oz at 37 weeks and wasn't slowing down on weight gain. :) We arrived, did the paperwork junk, then waited to go to my room. As of this point, I had not had more than 4-5 strong contractions in a row. They get me into my bed, hook up the baby and mommy monitors, and without fail, contractions. I had begun laboring on my own, and the contractions were consistently around 3 minutes apart. The nurse contacted my doctor and told him the story as he anticipated seeing me the next morning before a baby arrived. They held off on any medication and gave me sleeping meds to relax and get some rest. That killed the contractions, and the next morning brought the inducing part. After about 6 hours, she arrived.


Date: 03/26/2009
Time: 1:22 pm
Weight: 8 lbs 14 oz
Length: 19 1/2 in

(Don't look at how tired I am in this picture.....)

3 comments:

Chandy said...

Wow, what a beautiful pink bundle she is! And you look great, tired and all! Nathan looks so proud to be a big brother! I missed him last Sunday...

Congratulations!

Oh, btw, I didn't know you've never had Hawaiian Haystacks, I hope you liked them...

Allison said...

HOORAY!! I can't wait to see more pics of her over the next few months. Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations girl, she looks beautiful!